All Cobb’s Home Care employees must pass a thorough screening and training process. This includes:
- criminal background checks
- personal and professional reference checks
- face-to-face interviews
Our caregivers are bonded and insured certified nursing assistants (CNAs) or trained in-home aides (IHAs) employed by us. Our training and supervision practices exceed state requirements for best practice. All employees are required to take a skills assessment test and complete thorough in-service training and education, where necessary, including:
- first aid and CPR certification
- blood borne pathogens and universal precautions training
- Family CareWatch™ training (Cobb’s unique caregiver support method.)
Many of our caregivers also have additional training in Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Contact us for more information about this specialized care.
Our employees’ care practices are monitored on a regular basis through routine and random home visits by a registered nurse. You can count on visits/calls from our nursing supervisor at least once every 90 days or more frequently if needed.